Animal Caused Stanford Dish Fire, Say Officials
A three-acre blaze broke out at the Stanford Dish. The culprit? Probably a bird, officials say.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Late Tuesday night, an unusual fire erupted at the Stanford Dish, a popular Bay Area hiking area. The chief of the Palo Alto Fire Department said the cause was probably a bird who struck a power line, sending down sparks into the grass.