Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1) Start from the Wilderness Creek Trailhead. Turn right at the first junction, heading towards Shy Bear Pass.
2) Hike through mossy forest, passing by huge, truck-sized boulders at the base of a cliff, until you reach the pass. Turn left onto the Long View Peak Trail.
3) Go left at the next junction to reach the summit of Long View Peak and (ironically) limited views.
4) Continue straight through the next junction to reach the summit.
5) Return to the last junction, going left this time to traverse lush forest on Deceiver Trail.
6) Head steeply downhill to Doughty Falls, a ribbon of water amid carpets of moss and ferns.
7) Return to the last junction again, this time going right for the steep climb to Wilderness Peak.
8) at the Y, go left, rambling through quiet forest to the summit of Wilderness Peak.
9) Return to the Y, going left onto the Wilderness Cliffs Trail. After a steep descent, turn right at the next trail junction to rejoin the Wilderness Creek Trail and return to the trailhead.
Season Year-round Permit none Contact Cougar Mountain Regional Park