Maple Sugaring Day Open House
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Group: Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm
When: Saturday, March 24, 11 am-3 pm
Where: Remick Farm, Tamworth Village, NH
Details: On tap: Buckets of sweet enjoyment for the entire family!
- Learn about historic and modern methods of sugaring
- Outside, see demonstrations of Early Abenaki Indian sap boiling practices, the boiling technique used in the sugar bush, and Doc Remick’s handmade backyard boiler
- Step into our Sugar House and learn how a modern evaporator works
- Taste our maple baked beans—maple syrup for sale while supplies last
- Take home a Remick-made maple treat—for sale while supplies last
- Meet and greet our spring lambs and pastured farm animals
- Enjoy the farm grounds—while our grounds will be open, the Museum Center will not be open for this event