Hike-a-Thon: Seek Your Peak
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Group: Mount Washington Observatory
When: Friday, July 21 to Saturday, July 22
Where: Mt. Washington Observatory, North Conway, NH
Cost: $200 fundraising goal
Details: As the largest annual fundraiser of the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory, we invite you to participate and to Seek YOUR Peak… While many hikers will choose the challenge of summiting Mount Washington, others will opt for alternative mountain treks, a short “nature hike” or even participate as a “virtual hiker.”
Each hiker is asked to raise a minimum of $200 as part of their participation; in turn they are awarded with fabulous prizes and more!
Reach the minimum early and get in on monthly drawings to win gear. Be one of the first 500 to raise $200 and earn an exclusive Seek the Peak backpack and T-shirt. Join as a team to earn special prizes as the top fundraising team or the most spirited team i.e. best costume.
Ultimately the weekend is an incredible gathering of like-minded outdoor enthusiasts who have come together to Seek their Peaks in support of Mount Washington Observatory.
In addition to getting outside and exploring White Mountain trails, the weekend includes:
- Kick-Off Party and Registration at the Weather Discovery Center
- Observatory Weather Station tours on the summit of Mount Washington
- An Expo featuring premier sponsors Eastern Mountain Sports and Vasque along with several other vendors showcasing and giving away product samples
- The famous After Party including a massive gear giveaway, dinner and live entertainment
- All while supporting the non-profit Mount Washington Observatory with pledges which in turn will earn you prizes!