Animal Caused Stanford Dish Fire, Say Officials - Backpacker

Animal Caused Stanford Dish Fire, Say Officials

A three-acre blaze broke out at the Stanford Dish. The culprit? Probably a bird, officials say.
Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
0
The Stanford Dish

The Stanford Dish, a popular Bay Area hiking destination.

Late Tuesday night, an unusual fire erupted at the Stanford Dish, a popular Bay Area hiking area. The chief of the Palo Alto Fire Department said the cause was probably a bird who struck a power line, sending down sparks into the grass.

Popular Content