Group: Washington Trails Association
When: Thursday, August 17, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Come spend a day helping to improve a section of this iconic trail! The PCT heading south from Stevens Pass offers beautiful vistas of alpine lakes and craggy peaks. Not a bad place to spend a summer day.
About the Area
The route traverses the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, and the trail passes by a least a dozen lakes along the way, many of them swimmable in late-summer. But the lakes aren't the only attraction - you will encounter meadows, old-growth and views of towering mountains.
What to Expect
We'll have fun, work hard and make a difference! No experience is necessary.
Annual maintenance will be the name of the game on this section of the PCT. Work will include improving drainage structures and removing encroaching brush from the trail.
Our hike to the project site is expected to be 2-4 miles roundtrip over moderately steep terrain.
- 8:30 AM: Be ready to sign in and meet the crew, rain or shine
- 8:35 AM: Gather for a safety briefing, then hike to the project site
- Morning: Work at your own pace, and take breaks throughout the day
- 12:00 PM: Lunch on the trail
- Afternoon: Consider trying a new task before wrapping up the day's work
- 3:30 PM: Sign out after enjoying refreshments at the trailhead