Group: Remick Museum
When: Saturday, February 3, 11 am to 3 pm
Where: Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm, Tamworth, NH
Cost: $8 members/$10 non-members
Details: Take part in a New England tradition & enjoy timeless wintertime fun!
- Participate in traditional ice block cutting, piking and hoisting ~ see it transported to our ice house
- Celebrate winter with outdoor/indoor activities and family-friendly games
- Meet and greet farm animals in their winter coats and surroundings
- Listen to live music by Brier Hill Band in the Hearth Room ~ dancing is welcome
- Try your hand at a winter-themed craft or go on a scavenger hunt
- See demonstrations of step-by-step ice harvesting, outdoor cooking (samples too), and ice sculpting by Brain Stockman
- Meet and greet Chinooks, New Hampshire’s official state dog—learn about their connection to Tamworth
- Build a snowman, snowcow, or... — Let your imagination soar
- Take in oudoor exhibits of "Wintertime Animal Trapping and Lore," "Snowshoes Through Time," a "Bob House/Ice Fishing Shack," and an "Antique Snow Roller"
- Take a self-guided tour of the Museum Center: watch an ice harvesting video, learn about Remick Family history and walk through the "Our Medicine Through Time" and "From Fields to Fiber" exhibits
- Warm up with a Remick-made lunch and other treats
- Enter our raffles for a Birdfeeder, Bird Seed & More basket, a Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Basket, and/or Four Tickets for Snowtubing at Pine Meadows Tubing Park at King Pine in Madison, NH.