Group: Appalachian Trail Conservancy
When: Saturday, October 14, 10:30 am
Where: Native Landscapes and Garden Center, Pawling, NY
Join us as we celebrate the Appalachian Trail and the Harlem Valley A.T. Community!
There are over 40 communities along the Appalachian Trail's corridor that have been recognized in The Appalachian Trail Community™ program. These towns and cities are considered assets by all that use the A.T., and many of these towns act as good friends and neighbors to the Trail. Join us as we celebrate the culture and contributions of our Harlem Valley A.T. Community.
- 10:30 a.m. - Hike from the A.T. boardwalk to Dover Oak (2 hours roundtrip)
- 10:30 a.m. - Trail maintenance project on the A.T. boardwalk
- 11:30 a.m. - Fall foliage walk
- 1:00 p.m. - Awards ceremony at Native Landscapes and Garden Center
- Guided and self-guided hikes
- Kid-friendly activities
- Appalachian Trail boardwalk trail maintenance
- Fall foliage hike with Pete Muroski, owner of Native Landscapes and Garden Center's native plants expert
- Sand art with the Dover & Pawling Libraries