If You Like Piña Coladas and Backpacking in the Rain, Then This Is the Breakfast for You
Say goodbye to bland breakfasts. This piña colada bowl is pure sunshine and will start your morning off right.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We’re sharing this sweet recipe for free to give you a taste of what our members get. Hungry for more? Sign up for Outside+, Outside’s membership program. Members get access to Backpacker’s entire archive, plus perks like print subscriptions, event invites, online classes, and more.
(makes 2 servings)
- 2 1 oz. packages Gerber freeze-dried banana yogurt melts
- 1 oz. freeze-dried pineapple
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup whole milk powder
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 14g honey packets
- Pulverize yogurt melts in a coffee grinder until they’re a fine powder. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, place them in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- For smooth yogurt with bolder flavor, blend pineapple and coconut in the coffee grinder. For a chunkier, parfait-style dish, leave them whole.
- Pack the yogurt powder, pineapple-coconut mixture, milk powder, and chia seeds in a zip-top bag. Pack honey separately.
- Add 6 oz. cold water to the yogurt mixture. Stir until well-mixed; some lumps may remain.
- Let the mixture stand for up to 15 minutes, allowing the chia seeds to absorb water and the yogurt to thicken.
- Stir again. Drizzle honey on top of the yogurt and enjoy.
- Serving Size 2 oz.
- Calories 470
- Protein Content 15 g
From July/August 2021