Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
We’re sharing this sweet recipe for free to give you a taste of what our members get. Hungry for more? Sign up for Outside+, Outside’s membership program. Members get access to Backpacker’s entire archive, plus perks like print subscriptions, event invites, online classes, and more.
- Pulverize yogurt melts in a coffee grinder until they’re a fine powder. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, place them in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- For smooth yogurt with bolder flavor, blend pineapple and coconut in the coffee grinder. For a chunkier, parfait-style dish, leave them whole.
- Pack the yogurt powder, pineapple-coconut mixture, milk powder, and chia seeds in a zip-top bag. Pack honey separately.
- Add 6 oz. cold water to the yogurt mixture. Stir until well-mixed; some lumps may remain.
- Let the mixture stand for up to 15 minutes, allowing the chia seeds to absorb water and the yogurt to thicken.
- Stir again. Drizzle honey on top of the yogurt and enjoy.
- Serving Size 2 oz.
- Calories 470
- Protein Content 15 g