Each night since our lives have been upended by COVID-19 and its subsequent stay-at-home orders, BACKPACKER has hosted an evening campfire on Facebook Live to provide our community with a peaceful moment and a break from the stress. We’ve added to that with live music and Bob Ross style paint-alongs on our Instagram feed. It’s proven both popular and heartwarming, and we wanted to expand on this by hosting a livestreamed, day-long festival.
We’re calling it the Camp-In, and it’ll have guided yoga and mountain-fitness sessions, art, gear and cooking demos, readings by authors, trivia, live music, and a backcountry bartending demo courtesy of Yellowstone Bourbon. And yes, you’re encouraged to “Camp In” with us and hashtag your living room, porch, or backyard campsite with #BackpackerCampIn to be entered in a photo contest for the sweetest Camp In set up.
Need some ideas for turning your abode into a top tier camp site? Check out our suggestions.
- Live music with G. Love, Alt Bloom, Emily Hackett, and Chain Station
- A chat with star outdoor photographer Chris Burkard
- Painting with outdoor artist Nikki Frumkin (@drawntohighplaces)
- Trail cooking with writer and cookbook author Morgan Sjogren
- Talks by record-setting thru-hiker Heather "Anish" Anderson, and more.
- A virtual workout with athlete and coach Jason Antin and yoga class with Yoga Journal practice editor and teacher Bria Tavakoli.
- An outdoor trivia competition with prizes
- A campfire (obviously), where we'll give away a fire pit from BioLite. (See below for details.)
Enter to Win a BioLite Firepit
Just because your backpacking plans got canceled doesn’t mean you can’t still roast s’mores around the campfire—enter to win this Biolite Firepit and you can do it in your own backyard. Just fill out the form below and come chill with us at our nightly virtual campfire on Saturday May 16th at 9pm. You must be in attendance at our live feed to win.