These low-cuts blend Lexus comfort, Viper sleekness, and Jeep performance. The broad, stable outsole has an aggressive tread pattern, which made me feel like I could walk over anything—so I did, from mud-slick roots to steep talus fields on Mt. Hood.
The cushy EVA midsole, combined with a polyurethane/EVA heel counter, gave me enough support, comfort, and impact resistance to carry up to 40 pounds all day over varied terrain. (Hikers with weak ankles will likely want a higher, more supportive boot.) A plastic exoskeleton and rubber toe bumper protect against rocks and stubbed toes.
Strong-ankled backpackers who want a light shoe for hiking and scrambling in rocky areas, where protection from impact is essential
> Dan Larsen
> Duration Aug. to Sept.
> Locales/conditions OR, WA; mud, rock, and rainforest
> “The forefoot is squarish and roomy, which fit my wide forefeet and long toes well, even when big miles in the Cascades caused swelling.”
The Riva Mesh is perfect for a day hike to a waterfall or for a day at your favorite watering hole. Featuring mesh panels for ultimate breathability during those hot summer months, the Riva Mesh will get the job done while keeping your feet cool.
- Vibram® rubber outsole for traction and durability in rugged environments
- aggressive lug design penetrates dirt for grip on loose terrain
- nylon shank for torsional rigidity and stability
- quick dry mesh
- Mush® Infused Insole provides signature Teva comfort
- External Shoc Pad™ in the heel for enhanced shock absorption
- widened fit at the forefoot allows the foot to relax and flex freely
- rubber toe wrap for increased durability and protection
- full grain nubuck suede and durable mesh upper