These low-cuts blend Lexus comfort, Viper sleekness, and Jeep performance. The broad, stable outsole has an aggressive tread pattern, which made me feel like I could walk over anything—so I did, from mud-slick roots to steep talus fields on Mt. Hood.
The cushy EVA midsole, combined with a polyurethane/EVA heel counter, gave me enough support, comfort, and impact resistance to carry up to 40 pounds all day over varied terrain. (Hikers with weak ankles will likely want a higher, more supportive boot.) A plastic exoskeleton and rubber toe bumper protect against rocks and stubbed toes.
Strong-ankled backpackers who want a light shoe for hiking and scrambling in rocky areas, where protection from impact is essential
> Dan Larsen
> Duration Aug. to Sept.
> Locales/conditions OR, WA; mud, rock, and rainforest
> “The forefoot is squarish and roomy, which fit my wide forefeet and long toes well, even when big miles in the Cascades caused swelling.”
The Riva eVent is a durable and supportive hiking boot that can handle any task. The Vibram outsole ensures that youll always have traction, while the eVent waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable. So whether its a short day hike or a multiple day excursion up to the snow level, the Riva eVent will take good care of you.
- Vibram® rubber outsole for traction and durability in rugged environments
- aggressive lug design penetrates dirt for grip on loose terrain
- nylon shank for torsional rigidity and stability
- eVent® waterproof breathable membrane keeps feet dry and cool
- gusseted tongue prevents water from penetrating to the foot
- waterproof nubuck and suede leather upper
- Mush® infused insole provides signature Teva comfort
- External Shoc Pad in the heel for enhanced shock absorption
- widened fit at the forefoot allows the foot to breathe and flex freely
- rubber toe wrap for increased durability and protection
- full grain leather lining