New model for this year (Do not check this option if this model was listed as new in last year's Gear Guide)Perfect for mountaineering, backpacking and long distance hiking, HMG’s Windrider has never looked better! Our latest model is constructed with the same rugged, ultralight, and innovative Cuben Fiber technology but now features a wrap-around hip belt for more comfort and support.
Selected as “Best Ultralight Pack” by Backpacker Magazine, the Windrider is HMG’s best-selling pack. The Windrider’s frameless body features dual removable aluminum stays, Cuben Fiber/Nylon pack material, weather proof storm closure.
Our signature pack also includes cushioned shoulder straps, three exterior mesh pockets, a Y-strap compression system, larger rainproof hip belt pockets, an internal hydration sleeve and hose port, and a 2400 cu/in capacity
Interior Storage Volume: 2400 cubic inch main compartment.
Exterior Storage Volume: 250 cubic inch mesh outer pockets.
- Includes two removable, flexible aluminum stays which form to the users back.
- Main body material is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, rip-stop Cuben Fiber/Nylon hybrid material.
- Three mesh outer pockets on sides and back of pack.
- Cushioned antimicrobial hip belt with a wide, 1½” webbing belt.
- Two rainproof hip pockets for snacks or electronics.
- Roll-top storm closure with Velcro to keep closure aligned and easy to roll closed.
- Top Y-strap compressor system – designed to also hold sleeping pad or other gear.
- Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use.
- Removable straps to store snowshoes or other equipment.
- Ice axe loop and keeper.
- Thicker padded shoulder straps with antimicrobial mesh spacer fabric for cushion and air flow.
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic.
- Internal hydration sleeve with hydration hose port.
- Double reinforced pack bottom.
- Bar tack reinforcements on all stress points.
- Stitched with bonded tex 69 thread.
- Sizes: Small (15.0”-17.0” torso)
- Medium (17.0”-19.0” torso)
- Large (19.0”-20.0” torso)
- Large/Tall (20.0” + torso)
- Small 2400 cu/in
- Medium 2400 cu/in
- Large 2500 cu/in
- Large/Tall 2500 cu/in