For big loads and steep, off-trail terrain, I want solid support and stability without excess weight. The Terek delivers, thanks to the midsole’s relatively light combination of molded EVA (for cushion) and full-length polyurethane shank (for rigidity). I sported these high-cuts all over the West, from light-load dayhikes in Yosemite to difficult treks, like a six-day bushwhack around Mt. Shasta with a 60-pound pack. The boots weren’t too heavy or clunky for the former, nor too light or flexy for the latter.
The eight-hook lace system and tongue hooks enhanced all-day comfort, as I could cinch the uppers snug without causing too much friction in any spot. The split-leather and Cordura upper and full rubber rand stood up to abrasion on Sierra granite, and the Gore-Tex liner kept my feet dry during a soggy-snow trek up Yosemite’s Cloud’s Rest. Bonus: Break-in time was negligible because of the excellent out-of-the-box fit (ideal for my wide feet). $260; 2 lbs. 10 oz. (w’s 8.5); m’s 7-14, w’s 5.5-10.5; lowaboots.com.
CATEGORY: ADVENTURE SPORT
- Breathable mesh and synthetic upper
- ion-mask waterproof technology
- TPU welding for midfoot support
- Toe and heel abrasion for added protection
- Womans specific last for fit and support
- V-Lite design and build technology
- V-Lite compression-molded EVA midsole for cushioning
- External ESS Shank for added support
- V-Lite MDT carbon rubber outsole
- Comfort-Tec contoured sockliner
WEIGHT: 10.8 oz.SIZES: 5-10, 11
STYLE: #40191 - Taupe/Olive/Golden Haze
NEW COLOR; Light Taupe/Taupe/Stone/Macan