Few things rival duct tape and super glue in the cost-to-versatility department. To that short list, add these S-shaped, double-gated carabiners. We used them to:
- Attach (and quickly detach) water bottles, GPS units, solar panel, camera bags, and sandals to our packs
- Rig guylines and deadman anchors
- Temporarily fix ripped tent fly corners
- Clip a bear bag to a rope
- Hang a headlamp from the tent ceiling
- Lock zippers together on baggage
- Note: The biggest size holds up to 75 pounds. $2-$3.50; 5 sizes, up to 1 oz. each; (800) 678-6483; niteize.com.