Model: Forge Pro eVent® W's
These low-cuts blend Lexus comfort, Viper sleekness, and Jeep performance. The broad, stable outsole has an aggressive tread pattern, which made me feel like I could walk over anything—so I did, from mud-slick roots to steep talus fields on Mt. Hood.
The cushy EVA midsole, combined with a polyurethane/EVA heel counter, gave me enough support, comfort, and impact resistance to carry up to 40 pounds all day over varied terrain. (Hikers with weak ankles will likely want a higher, more supportive boot.) A plastic exoskeleton and rubber toe bumper protect against rocks and stubbed toes.
Strong-ankled backpackers who want a light shoe for hiking and scrambling in rocky areas, where protection from impact is essential
> Dan Larsen
> Duration Aug. to Sept.
> Locales/conditions OR, WA; mud, rock, and rainforest
> “The forefoot is squarish and roomy, which fit my wide forefeet and long toes well, even when big miles in the Cascades caused swelling.”
Whether you’re trekking up steep trails, scrambling over wet rocks, or charging through shallow creeks, the Forge Pro eVent® can handle anything you get yourself into thanks to its versatile design. An eVent® waterproof membrane will keep your feet dry and comfortable, while an external heel counter keeps your foot stable and secure.
– flat midfoot outsole design provides maximum stability throughout your entire step
– Teva E-Brake in the heel features a reverse lug pattern to provide downhill traction
– Spider365 rubber outsole for supremely versatile traction
– eVent® waterproof breathable membrane keeps feet dry and cool
– Mush® Infused Insole provides signature Teva comfort
– built using a running shoe last for a streamlined fit and athletic feel
– external heel stabilizer reduces overextension on uneven surfaces
– TPU Exoskeleton prevents stretch and improves fit without sacrificing breathability
– External Shoc Pad in the heel for enhanced shock absorption