Model: Forge Pro eVent
These low-cuts blend Lexus comfort, Viper sleekness, and Jeep performance. The broad, stable outsole has an aggressive tread pattern, which made me feel like I could walk over anything—so I did, from mud-slick roots to steep talus fields on Mt. Hood.
The cushy EVA midsole, combined with a polyurethane/EVA heel counter, gave me enough support, comfort, and impact resistance to carry up to 40 pounds all day over varied terrain. (Hikers with weak ankles will likely want a higher, more supportive boot.) A plastic exoskeleton and rubber toe bumper protect against rocks and stubbed toes.
Strong-ankled backpackers who want a light shoe for hiking and scrambling in rocky areas, where protection from impact is essential
> Dan Larsen
> Duration Aug. to Sept.
> Locales/conditions OR, WA; mud, rock, and rainforest
> “The forefoot is squarish and roomy, which fit my wide forefeet and long toes well, even when big miles in the Cascades caused swelling.”
Forge Pro eVent®
Whether you’re trekking up steep trails, scrambling over wet rocks, or charging through shallow creeks, the Forge Pro eVent® can handle anything you get yourself into thanks to its versatile design. An eVent® waterproof breathable membrane will keep your feet dry and comfortable, while an external heel counter keeps your foot stable and secure.
– flat midfoot outsole design provides maximum stability throughout your entire step
– Teva E-Brake in the heel features a reverse lug pattern to provide downhill traction
– Spider365 rubber outsole for supremely versatile traction
– eVent® waterproof breathable membrane keeps feet dry
– Mush® Infused Insole provides signature Teva comfort
– built using a running shoe last for a streamlined fit and athletic feel
– external heel stabilizer reduces overextension on uneven surfaces
– TPU Exoskeleton prevents stretch and improves fit without sacrificing breathability
– External Shoc Pad in the heel for enhanced shock absorption