Hi-Tec Sports Women's V-Lite Gran Canaria
Boots with solid support and stability without being too heavy or clunky
Brand: Hi-Tec Sports
Model: Women's V-Lite Gran Canaria
For big loads and steep, off-trail terrain, I want solid support and stability without excess weight. The Terek delivers, thanks to the midsole’s relatively light combination of molded EVA (for cushion) and full-length polyurethane shank (for rigidity). I sported these high-cuts all over the West, from light-load dayhikes in Yosemite to difficult treks, like a six-day bushwhack around Mt. Shasta with a 60-pound pack. The boots weren’t too heavy or clunky for the former, nor too light or flexy for the latter.
The eight-hook lace system and tongue hooks enhanced all-day comfort, as I could cinch the uppers snug without causing too much friction in any spot. The split-leather and Cordura upper and full rubber rand stood up to abrasion on Sierra granite, and the Gore-Tex liner kept my feet dry during a soggy-snow trek up Yosemite’s Cloud’s Rest. Bonus: Break-in time was negligible because of the excellent out-of-the-box fit (ideal for my wide feet). $260; 2 lbs. 10 oz. (w’s 8.5); m’s 7-14, w’s 5.5-10.5; lowaboots.com.
– PU Nubuck upper with soft linings
– Single adjustment point via hook-and-loop strap
– Multi-Strap upper design with toe ring
– Women’s specific last for superior fit and comfort
– V-Lite design and build technology
– Contoured V-Lite CMEVA midsole for cushioning
– External ESS Shank for added support
– V-Lite MDT carbon rubber outsole plugs
– Anti-microbial micro-fiber footbed
WEIGHT: 5.0 oz.
STYLE: LIGHT TAUPE/OLIVE/GOLDEN HAZE
BLUE MOON/LIGHT BLUE (shown)