Brand: Bergans of Norway
Model: Glittertind Jacket
The Glittertind is a 3-layer lightweight backcountry and hiking shell made of Dermizaxâ¢, a non-porous waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane. The shell features stretchable nylon outer fabric for freedom of movement, extended back, helmet compatible hood, asymmetrical front closing, laser cut and ultrasonic welded details, MP3 player pocket with headphone eyelets and compact packing size
* YKK AquaguardÂ® #5 waterproof coil zippers on main, pocket and underarm vent zippers
* Front pockets designed to not interfere with the hip belt when carrying a pack
* Available in men’s and women’s models
* Men’s sizes: S-XXL
* Women’s sizes: XS-XL
* Men’s colors: Bright Red w/ Royal Blue/Orange accents, Bright Lime Green w/ Grey/White accents, and Navy Blue w/ Timothy Green/Bright Cobalt
* Women’s colors: Bright Red w/ Orange/Royal Blue accents, Summer Sky w/ White/Navy accents, and Ink Blue w/ Hot Pink/Bright Cobalt accents
Developed by Toray Industries, a leading supplier of technical and innovative fabrics, Dermizaxâ¢ NX is designed for people engaged in high tempo outdoor activities. It’s a lightweight membrane with high tear resistance, superior wash durability, and a smooth supple feel. The Dermizax NX membrane has a moisture permeability of 30,000-50,000g/m2/24 hours for 2-layers, twice as high as Toray’s conventional waterproof/breathable fabrics. It also has an exceptionally high waterproof rating of 20,000mmH20 (JIS L1 092), even with high moisture vapor permeability. In comparison, Dermizax NX performs better than Event and Gore-Tex in terms of moisture vapor transmission. The production process is environmentally conscious as well by reducing C02 emitted during lamination.
How does Dermizaxâ¢ work?
The ultrathin Dermizaxâ¢ membrane exploits the movable polymer molecules in order to absorb perspiration efficiently in the form of moisture on the inside of the laminate. The moisture is then quickly forced through the laminate so it can evaporate on the outside. The molecules also have the ability to move faster at high temperatures or high levels of activity. This means that breathability improves when you get hot and sweaty. The Dermizax membrane does not have micropores that can be obstructed by dirt, which is why the membrane maintains its unique function even after years of rough use.