FIND RELIEF IN YOUR FOOD BAG
- Carrots: Cook into mush to make a soothing application for inflamed eyes.
- Chamomile tea: Drink this to quiet an upset stomach, fight gas, stop vomiting, relieve headaches, and alleviate menstrual cramps.
- Cranberries: Steep Craisins in hot water for 20 minutes. Consume 3 to 4 cups a day for relief from a urinary tract infection.
- Garlic: Eat it in any form to boost the immune system.
- Ginger: Brew tea for headaches, upset stomachs, colds, sore throats, and motion sickness. Add 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger to hot water and steep for 10 minutes (drink 3 times a day) to treat diarrhea.
- Honey: Dab some on a wound to promote healing and discourage infection–the moisture aids in tissue regeneration, and the natural hydrogen peroxide in honey makes it an effective antibacterial.
- Tea: Suck on a tea bag for toothache relief–the tannins will help kill the pain.
- Rice: Save some water after boiling the rice and drink it to treat diarrhea.