Cheddar Cheese Chowder
- 1/2 cup dehydrated potatoes (or dehydrated hash browns)
- 1/3 cup dehydrated onion (1 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup margarine or clarified butter (or 2 ounces olive oil)
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
At home: Combine dehydrated potatoes and onion in zip-top bag. Pack clarified butter (or olive oil) and cheddar cheese separately. Combine other dry ingredients in a zip-top bag.
In camp: Boil 2 cups of water, and add potatoes and onion and simmer 10 minutes until vegetables are rehydrated. Stir in margarine. Add flour mixture a tablespoon at a time, stirring well. Add cheese. Simmer until soup thickens, stirring regularly.
- 2 cups organic oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
Veggie Bagel Pizzas
- 4 bagels
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 tofu cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
At home: Store all ingredients separately.
In camp: Spread tomato sauce on bagels, place in pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes, tofu, and cheese. Cover to allow cheese to melt. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Serves 2.