BREW WILD TEA
Bring a field guide and forage for a sippable treat that goes far beyond your typical English breakfast blend.
- Pine or spruce needles Brew up a handful of these vitamin C-packed needles to help soothe a cold.
- Dandelion Reduce PMS symptoms and bloating with a cup of tea made from its vitamin A-rich leaves.
- Sage Steep these purple-gray leaves to soothe a sore throat and freshen your mouth.
- Mormon tea Use the twigs of this aptly named plant (formally known as ephedra) to make a tonic for upset stomachs.
4 BACKCOUNTRY COCKTAILS
1) Frozen blackberry margarita: Fresh-picked berries + snow + tequila
2) Watermelon snowfield: Fruit punch sports drink + snow + Bacardi 151 rum + maraschino cherry
3) Morning elephant: Amarula Cream liqueur + coffee
4) Mountain storm cosmo: Lime juice + cranberry juice concentrate + triple sec + vodka + lime Kool-Aid powder + hailstones