Total Servings: 2
As Packaged for the Trail: 2 servings
Weight per Serving: About 5 ounces
Required Equipment on the Trail:
1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart pancake mix
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup water, added on the trail
Preparation at Home:
1. Combine Bisquick and sugar in a quart-size ziplock bag.
2. Pack oil separately for the trail.
Preparation on the Trail:
1. Warm peanut oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
2. Add 1/3 cup water to the Bisquick mix in the bag.
3. Reseal bag and knead contents until most of the lumps are eliminated.
4. Snip a corner from bottom of the bag and carefully squeeze batter into the pan.
5. Scramble the dough as you would eggs, covering all dough with hot oil, continuing to flip and scramble to prevent burning.
6. The crumbles are ready to serve once they become slightly crispy.
Hot oil takes a long time to cool, so exercise caution when eating the hot crumbles straight from the pan immediately following cooking.
Christine and Tim Conners, Statesboro, Georgia, Lipsmackin’ Backpackin’