Total Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Small mixing bowl
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1 loaf hard-crusted baguette
1/4 cup olive oil
Preparation at Camp:
1. Combine tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Slice baguette loaf lengthwise into two pieces, then liberally brush the top of each half with olive oil.
3. Wrap each baguette half in a foil pouch and seal edges tightly.
4. Place foil pouches on a grate over coals.
5. Bake for about 5 minutes, rotating occasionally, until bread is toasty.
6. Stir tomato mixture and spoon over bread before serving.
Beverly Jo Antonini, Morgantown, West Virginia, Lipsmackin’ Car Campin’