Navigate Off-Trail | Stay Dry in a Downpour | Descend Safely | Beat Fatigue on Steep Climbs | Read a Rattlesnake’s Body Language | Predict Weather With an Altimeter | Identify a Mountain Lion Track | 5 Ways to Navigate Without a Compass | 4 Ways to Prevent Blisters | Lace Your Boots for Maximum Comfort | Take a Perfect Summit Photo | Two-Second Tips
STAY DRY IN A DOWNPOUR
- Pop an umbrella and open every vent and pit zip.
- Make sure the cuffs of your baselayer aren’t exposed, or they’ll wick moisture up your sleeves.
- Keep your jacket hem cinched snugly and shield your face by pulling your hood over a billed cap.
- In wet brush, wear rain pants over gaiters.
- Don’t get wet from the inside out. If you’re overheating, minimize sweat by shedding layers or slowing your pace.