Job Title: The North Face Outdoor Exploration Intern
Reports to: Sr. Outdoor Exploration Coordinator
Start Date: 4/22/2013 – 5/24/2013
Rate: $15/hr, $500 travel stipend
Hours: 20 hours per week
Duration: 5 weeks
Intern Purpose: Support The North Face global athlete team member Heidi Wirtz as the project manager in the development and execution of the inaugural athlete service event for The North Face. Develop an event that will help empower The North Face athletes to inspire a global movement of Outdoor Exploration.
The Project Intern responsibilities include:
- Coordinate athlete team participation.
- Act as non-profit point of contact leading up to event.
- Project manage the execution of the event with Heidi, including everything from athlete travel coordination, athlete internal communication, day-of execution, etc.
- Provide on-site support at the service event.
- Public Relations and Outdoor Exploration team support as needed.
The Product Intern’s key deliverables include:
- Track key activities and key milestones during event planning to ensure a timely completion of projects.
- Develop a replicable experience and project "template" to be able to scale the event annually, and perhaps on a more regular basis.
- Work with The North Face athlete Cedar Wright to recap the event in photos, video and words for presentation to the internal team at The North Face and possibly on the company blog (neverstopexploring.com)
- Advanced writing skills to draft blogs, professional emails and final presentation.
- Thorough understanding of outdoor sports and athletes.
- Oral presentation skills/public speaking.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Problem solver.
- Familiar with appropriate behaviour in a professional work environment.
- Alameda, CA (The North Face HQ)
TO APPLY: Send your resume, three letters of reference and a cover letter that highlights your passion for the outdoors, why you want this job and why you believe you are qualified for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: APRIL 16, 2013