Hiking park-to-park in the Big Apple is not for solitude seekers. But what’s a little trail sharing between a few million friends? On this 7.6-mile trek, you’ll wander skyscraper canyons and ford rivers of people. (Prefer quiet trails? ) INFO No camping in parks. nyctourist.com. Trip data: backpacker.com/hikes/609467
1. The Tribeca Boardwalk 0583425E 4508426N; mile 0
Boardwalk cuts through black-eyed Susans and waist-high grass.
2. Lady Liberty 0583259E 4509606N; mile .9
Glimpse the Statue of Liberty from pier’s telescope.
3. The High Line 0583750E 4510309N; mile 1.6
This elevated railway has been transformed into a park on stilts.
4. Madison Square Park 0585415E 4510566N; mile 3.3
Refuel with a Concrete Jungle (custard, bananas, hot fudge).
5. Bow Bridge 0586771E 4514371N; mile 6.4
Cross iconic bridge to reach the Ramble’s wide-open lawns.
6. The Point 0586876E 4514279N; mile 7.4
Watch ducks ferry around lake. Grab a beer at Loeb Boathouse.
*Google Earth Providers: Google, Data SIO, NOAA, U.S. Navy, NGA, GEBCO, Image Digital Globe, Image Bluesky, Image Sanborn.