These low-cuts blend Lexus comfort, Viper sleekness, and Jeep performance. The broad, stable outsole has an aggressive tread pattern, which made me feel like I could walk over anything—so I did, from mud-slick roots to steep talus fields on Mt. Hood.
The cushy EVA midsole, combined with a polyurethane/EVA heel counter, gave me enough support, comfort, and impact resistance to carry up to 40 pounds all day over varied terrain. (Hikers with weak ankles will likely want a higher, more supportive boot.) A plastic exoskeleton and rubber toe bumper protect against rocks and stubbed toes.
Strong-ankled backpackers who want a light shoe for hiking and scrambling in rocky areas, where protection from impact is essential
> Dan Larsen
> Duration Aug. to Sept.
> Locales/conditions OR, WA; mud, rock, and rainforest
> “The forefoot is squarish and roomy, which fit my wide forefeet and long toes well, even when big miles in the Cascades caused swelling.”
The Raith eVent® is a light hiker with some attitude. It's aggressive look and stance align perfectly with its performance strengths, which are tuned for aggressive action. The Raith eVent® will take you on an adrenaline-filled hike through streams and up gnarly paths... and then straight to a cookout afterward where its subtle good looks will shine. So if you're looking for a waterproof light hiker that can go beyond the trailhead, the Raith eVent® is for you.
- our Spider365 rubber will hold its own in a huge range of environments
- a thin nylon shank keeps your foot stable and in control
- an eVent® waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry from both sweat and water
- waterproof coated leather and mesh upper
- molded EVA foam in the midsole is light and durable
- a soft Shoc Pad in the heel gives you serious shock absorption
- a Mush® Infused Insole brings the absurd comfort of Mush into the Raith eVent®