- Broken zipper. See Gear Works, August 1996.
- Unraveled seams, small tears. An easy fix at most repair shops or at home. See Gearworks, April 1996 for advice on stitching holes; see Gear Works, June 1999, for raingear repairs.
- Delaminating seam tape on raingear. This fix requires a special machine, so find a certified repair shop.
- Raingear that doesn’t repel. Restore the durable water repellent (DWR) finish at home or send it out. For a review of DWR treatments, see Outfitting, April 1998.
- If an item is old or worn thin to the point that new holes are constantly appearing, repairs will be expensive and marginally effective.
Click here, for a guide to repair shops nationwide.