This short trail is perfect for beginner bike riders, quiet walks with friends, or a lunchtime power walk. There is a chance to explore the Roanoke River, which slowly flows by. As of August 2010 the trail is in two parts. Future plans will connect the two trails.
Directions to the trailhead
- first time bikers
- a quiet stroll
- Detailed Map
- From intersection of Electric Rd. (Rt. 419) & Apperson Dr. (Rt. 11)
- Take Apperson Dr. (Rt. 11) west for ~ 1 mile
- Apperson (Rt. 11) turns into S. Colorado St.
- Cross Roanoke River and turn left onto Rowan St toward Moyer Sports Complex
This basic greenway trail offers quiet respite and not much else. You can however escape the traffic of the day and enjoy a quiet stroll. There are a few stops along the way, including a Roanoke River lookout and a bluebird house trail.
- Need a snack after all that excercise? Stop by the Salem Donut Shop for a sweet treat! 100 Fourth Street (540.389.4938)
- Stop by the world famous Dilly Dally just off of Colorado Street if you need snacks and other supplies. 1511 Eddy St (540.387.2557)