- Family walks
- A quiet placeto read, reflect
- Walk the dog
The trail is very short itself. Do set aside time for the ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway and the four mile (round trip) loop around Roanoke Mountain.
Directions to trailhead
- Buck Mountain Trail is located in the upper parking lots of the 4 mile loop on Roanoke Mountain, located off the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 123
- Two tenths of a mile past mile marker 123, headed south on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Take the BRP south for 2.8 miles from where it crosses U.S. 220 south of Roanoke. (The BRP crosses on overpass, but there are entry roads to the parkway from 220.)
- The trailhead, named Buck Mountain Overlook, will be on the left.
This very short trail takes you away from the parking lot and instantly into a virtually untouched spot in nature. There are rocks to climb, trees to explore and wonderful spots to sit and listen to the birds around you.
- Take any trash you might find out with you and keep this spot wonderful!
- Want to help keep this a special place? Take time to learn more about the Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway.